Stacking the Shelves is a weekly meme, hosted by Tynga’s Reviews. I found out about Stacking the Shelves from Brin’s Book Blog. This weekly meme is all about sharing the books you’re adding to your shelves: whether physical or virtual.
This means you can include paperbacks or hardcovers, e-books, books you borrow from friends or the library, review books or gifts.
Here are the rules:
- Participants create their own Stacking the Shelves post and link bank to Tynga’s Reviews so more people can join the fun!
- Posts can be laid out any way you want.
- The host site posts updates on a Saturday but bloggers participating can post any day they choose.
- Visit Tynga’s Reviews on Saturday and add your link.
- Visit other participants’ sites to find out what they have added!
In order to be a great writer, you also have to be a great reader. Most importantly, you should enjoy reading. I wanted to read more this year, so naturally I had a long list of books piling up. I needed a way to streamline my reading list though. I thought that Stacking the Shelves would be a fun way to do this!
Here are the books (digital and physical) I’ve recently added to my bookshelf.
These Broken Stars: The price for the e-book on Amazon was pretty great when I bought it. I’ve seen and heard good reviews about this book. I’ve started reading it and find it very hard to put down.
Pride and Prejudice: Classic Jane Austen book I haven’t read yet, which was free on Amazon! I’ve read Sense and Sensibility, and Northanger Abbey, so that’s another Austen classic I can add to my bookshelf.
The Fault in Our Stars: I’m borrowing this from my sister on her recommendation. I’ve heard this is a tear-jerker but I’m okay with that. The Time Traveler’s Wife made me cry but I still loved it.
I seem to like the titles with “stars” in them. 🙂 What books are you adding to your bookshelves?