I’ve seen a lot of funny lists about the habits and traits of writers. Each time I see them, it makes me laugh because I can see some common habit or trait of myself in the list. To have a bit of fun, I decided to compile my own list.
- You have to jump out of bed, turn on the light and quickly jot down your idea before it disappears from your memory.
- You have eye strain and probably carpal tunnel from typing at a computer for too long or from writing longhand.
- You feel incredibly frustrated when you’re trying to find the right word to describe something and just can’t find it. It’s on the tip of your tongue, just out of reach.
- You love research more than other people, probably as much as historians and professors themselves. You might even be a historian, professor or teacher.
- You always have your nose in a giant book. Or you’re usually reading about 3 books at once.
- You hide away in some sacred writing spot, whether that’s an office, your room, a coffee shop or a quiet open space outside.
- You are prone to daydreaming, even when someone’s talking. (Oops! Sorry, it’s just my scatter-brained mind.)
- You have a strong love for coffee or tea. Or both.
- You have a playlist to suit every mood and genre.
- You are bothered by every spelling, punctuation and grammar mistake you see, whether it’s in a book, on an advertisement or on people’s Facebook statuses.
Do you have any to add to the list? 🙂