I’m pleased and flattered to announce that Tash from The Bookie Monsters has kindly nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Thank you again 🙂
There are a few rules:
1) Thank the person/people who nominated you
2) Answer the nominator’s 11 questions
3) Nominate 11 bloggers and give them your own 11 questions
Tash posed 11 questions to me:
1. What song can you not get enough of at the moment?
The song I can’t get enough of at the moment is Double Jack by Boa. It’s a very sweet, catchy song, featuring a duet with a male singer. Even though I don’t understand the Korean lyrics, the intent of their affection for each other in the song is clear. You can just feel it. I’ve been listening to her album, Kiss My Lips non-stop.
2. If you could go back in time and meet anybody, who would it be and why?
If I could go back in time and meet anybody, it would be Eleanor of Aquitaine. I would love to meet her because from historical accounts she seemed like a very strong-willed and smart woman who knew how to play the game of politics. By accounts, she was also beautiful, charming and witty. She’s one of those women that fit the phrase: “Well-behaved women rarely make history.”
3. Where is the one place in the world you would love to travel?
I would love to travel to see the Cliffs of Moher in Ireland and Ireland in general. Firstly because the landscape looks absolutely beautiful. Secondly, I had ancestors on both sides of my family that came from Cork, Ireland to Canada during the 1800s, so Ireland really intrigues me. I love history and tracing back to genealogical records.
4. You’ve won the lottery! What’s the first thing you do with your winnings?
Open up an account and store that money away until I decide what to do with it! 🙂 I’m super indecisive and I’d probably take some time to figure out where to allocate the money (charities that offer emergency and health care assistance, gifts for family and friends, trips to places I’ve always wanted to go).
5. What’s your biggest comfort?
My biggest comfort are inspirational quotes and verses. Sometimes just reading through a quote is a much-needed reminder to just take it easy, trust and have faith that everything will work out, and to not sweat the small stuff. It’s amazing what simple words can do to change your perspective or outlook on things.
6. There’s a zombie apocalypse happening right outside your house and you can only grab three things from the room you’re in right now to protect yourself! What things do you grab?
I’d grab a phone to call the cops for help, a kitchen knife and my running shoes so I can get away fast (knowing that a zombie’s weakness is lack of speed 😛 ).
7. Favourite movie of all time?
My favourite movie of all time is Ever After with Drew Barrymore and Dougray Scott. I’m a sucker for those sappy romantic movies, especially ones that take after classic fairy tales. I liked this movie because of the medieval setting, Drew Barrymore’s character and the storyline. It felt as if Cinderella were brought to life and not in a cheesy way.
8. What’s your favourite thing to do apart from blogging?
My favourite thing to do apart from blogging is writing stories and essays. I write fan fiction, participate in NaNoWriMo, and am always on the lookout for newspapers and literary magazines where I can submit work.
9. Winter, Spring, Summer, or Fall?
Fall. In autumn, the leaves and light look so beautiful, you can put together really cozy and stylish outfits, and everything is pumpkin-flavoured. I’ve seen autumn in New Hampshire and Vermont in the States, and it’s gorgeous. It’s also nice where I live in Canada but my only complaint is that it’s way too short. We have about two months of fall and even by Halloween it feels wintry, with a cold rain. I only wish fall were longer.
10. Your go-to book recommendation?
My go-to book recommendation is Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain. I just finished this book and it’s been my obsession lately. I can’t stop talking about it because I think it holds a lot of value for everyone, introverted and extroverted alike. It gave me a lot of insights about myself, how I can better relate to and understand extroverts, and how I can navigate in an extroverted world while still maintaining my true self. If you identify as an introvert, I highly recommend it.
11. What got you into blogging?
My professor for a multimedia class got me into blogging actually. He gave us a blogging assignment. He also encouraged us to consider blogging as a way to brand ourselves and learn some basic HTML. I kept the blog going after university and it became more of an interest to me as I continued it. Since then, I’ve come to love the friendliness of the community and have learned a lot about blogging.
For The Sunshine Blogger Award, I nominate:
5. Ginz & Tonic
I decided to only nominate 5 bloggers because I know the 3 Days 3 Quotes Challenge is also going on right now and I thought it’d be more personal to nominate a smaller number.
My 11 questions are:
1. Which fictional character would you like to live a day in the life of?
2. What is your favourite meal?
3. Who do you look up to? Who are some role models in your life?
4. What is the name of your favourite book?
5. Would you rather relax on a beach or explore a city? Why?
6. Best way to relax?
7. What TV show are you obsessed with right now?
8. Favourite dessert?
9. Early bird or night owl?
10. Dogs or cats?
11. How would you describe the perfect Saturday night?
I look forward to reading all of your answers 🙂